ScaleBase Distributed Database Platform
Built on MySQL – optimized for the cloud
ScaleBase is a relational database cluster built on MySQL and optimized for the cloud.
ScaleBase gives organizations the relational data integrity of MySQL combined with the scalability and flexibility of a modern distributed, multi-site database to support an unlimited numbers of users, larger data volumes and extremely high TPS.
Unlike other database systems that forgo ACID, SQL and joins, or rely on in-memory persistence and durability, or bank on risky asynchronous replication to achieve scalability and availability, ScaleBase provides an easy to manage horizontally scalable database cluster built on MySQL and that dynamically optimizes workloads across multiple nodes to reduce costs, increase database elasticity and drive development agility.
100% transparency to MySQL – “We are MySQL”
ScaleBase is the only distributed database cluster that uses MySQL and InnoDB storage. This unique capability gives you the scalability and availability benefits of NoSQL database with the strengths of an SQL database.
- Two-Phase commit and roll-back
- ACID compliance
- SQL query model, including cross-node joins and aggregations
Data distribution, transactions, concurrency control, and two-phase commit are all 100% transparent, so applications continue to interact with your distributed database as if it were a single MySQL instance.
Policy based data distribution matched to application workloads
ScaleBase is the only distributed database platform that provides logical, policy-based data distribution optimized for individual applications.
Easy to start – easy to maintain
ScaleBase makes it easy. Migration from single MySQL database to a modern distributed shared nothing MySQL database cluster is automated, simplified and centrally managed.
ScaleBase gives you the capabilities you need for modern, 24/7, operational databases supporting cloud-scale apps.
- Database scalability and elastic scale out - continuously increase database size and throughput and stay ahead of application workload requirements
- Database availability, reliability and resiliency – protect users against downtime and delays ensuring users and applications remain connected to their documents, data files and business systems
- Geo-distribution of database – distribute the database so sub-sets of the database are closer to where that data is needed
- Hybrid private/public cloud – distribute the database so sub-sets of the database can be split across multiple sites, private and public cloud infrastructure