Distributed MySQL Database - Optimized For The Cloud
ScaleBase is a dynamic database cluster built on MySQL and optimized for the cloud.
ScaleBase gives organizations the relational data integrity of MySQL combined with the scalability and flexibility of a reliable, distributed, multi-site database to support an unlimited numbers of users, larger data volumes and continuously growing transaction volume.
ScaleBase gives you the capabilities you need for a powerful, 24/7, operational databases supporting cloud-scale apps.
- Database scalability and elastic scale out – continuously increase database size and throughput and stay ahead of application workload requirements
- Database availability, reliability and resiliency – protect users against downtime and delays ensuring users and applications remain connected to their documents, data files and business systems
- Geo-distribution of database – distribute the database so sub-sets of the database are closer to where that data is needed
- Hybrid private/public cloud – distribute the database so sub-sets of the database can be split across multiple sites, private and public cloud infrastructure
Unlike other database systems that forgo ACID, SQL and joins, or rely on in-memory persistence and durability, or bank on risky asynchronous replication to achieve scalability and availability, ScaleBase provides an easy to manage horizontally scalable database cluster built on MySQL and that dynamically optimizes workloads across multiple nodes to reduce costs, increase database elasticity and drive development agility.
Reliability and Feature-Set Richness of MySQL
ScaleBase is the only distributed database management system that uses real and reliable MySQL storage engines, including MySQL InnoDB, MariaDB, Percona and AWS RDS. ScaleBase enhances the reliable MySQL engines by adding the scale out, availability and performance analytics capabilities. All original features continue to be operational, enhanced to scale out in a distributed environment. This includes:
- Two-Phase commit and roll-back
- ACID compliance
- SQL query model, including cross-node joins and aggregations
Data distribution, intelligent load balancing, replication aware read-write splitting, transaction management, concurrency control, and two-phase commit are all 100% transparent, so applications continue to interact with your distributed database as if it was a single MySQL instance.
Policy-Based Data Distribution
By separating the data distribution from the application logic, ScaleBase provides an application-transparent solution, requiring no code changes, with high flexibility and efficiency.
ScaleBase presents advanced configuration options for reaching optimal distribution effectiveness. Tables can be defined as DISTRIBUTED, CASCADED- DISTRIBUTED, GLOBAL and MASTER; Distribution can be controlled by RANGE, LIST via RANGE and HASH.
ScaleBase Analysis Genie analyses the schemas, data patterns and queries patterns with an algorithmic intelligence for identification of an optimal distribution policy. This enables simple and effective scale-out of the most complex applications, short process, reduced and controlled risks.
Simple to Deploy – Easy to Maintain
ScaleBase makes it easy. Migration from single database to a distributed MySQL database system is automated, simplified and centrally managed.
ScaleBase delivers savings in ongoing operations as well as maintenance costs:
- Continuous availability simplifies operations in production environments and enables zero downtime during database maintenance
- Application maintenance is more simple, as it doesn’t has the extra complexity of the data and load distribution logic
- Policy changes and database rebalancing are possible, enabling flexibility in application development and database operations